My Business
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google+ Page Wrong category and delete page.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, A few months ago I changed the google + business name from Manchester-Decorators to Sale Plumber Central Heating boiler Repair and Replacement including the contact telephone number and business category.

Having since found out that this name change is not allowed I have DELETED both pages but the Manchester-Decorators google+ listing still appears in the local search for "Painter and Decorator" and related keywords and it also appears in the local search for "Plumber" and other keywords.

I have telephoned the google customer services an explained the issue to them without any success.

I have tried claiming the business Manchester-Decorators again, verifying it, deleted the page without success. 

Could anyone please help me to get Manchester-Decorators listing removed from google+

Regards

Peter

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google+ Page Wrong category and delete page.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Peter,

Can you provide a link to the page in question please?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Priya,
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=painter+and+decorator&rlz=1C1CHWA_enGB584GB584&oq=painter+and+deco... and decorator&tbs=ctr:countryUK%7CcountryGB&cr=countryUK%7CcountryGB&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=53433828,-2310800,3629&tbm=lcl&rldimm=17813624507048327707

The above result was found after using the keywords "painter and Decorator".

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=plumber&rlz=1C1CHWA_enGB584GB584&oq=plumber&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i6... repair&cr=countryUK%7CcountryGB&tbs=lf:1,lf_ui:2&tbm=lcl&rllag=53424342,-2300285,2290&rlha=0&fll=53.55153058838025,-1.5155124419922004&fspn=0.5900522072913787,0.8036163545941379&fz=10&oll=53.47742545,-2.2632694&ospn=0.21824300087936876,0.6379637978307289&oz=11&qop=1&rlfi=hd:;si:17813624507048327707

This result appeared after typing "boiler repair" in google search.

I am unable to find a link on google + as the company does not appear.

Thank you for helping me with this issue.

Regards
Peter

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Peter

Thanks for that information and I'm sorry I should have also asked: what is your business' actual business name as well as phone number? Thanks.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Priya, Manchester-Decorators was a painting and decorating business. The listed telephone number is 07535 768663 which is now being used by a different company which is a plumbing company.

regards
Peter

Re- Post of Google+ Listing problem.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Peter T

0 STARS

Hi, A few months ago I changed the google + business name from Manchester-Decorators to Sale Plumber Central Heating boiler Repair and Replacement including the contact telephone number and business category.

Having since found out that this name change is not allowed I have DELETED both pages but the Manchester-Decorators google+ listing still appears in the local search for "Painter and Decorator" and related keywords and it also appears in the local search for "Plumber" and other keywords.

I have telephoned the google customer services an explained the issue to them without any success.

I have tried claiming the business Manchester-Decorators again, verifying it, deleted the page without success. 

Could anyone please help me to get Manchester-Decorators listing removed from google+

Regards

Peter

==============================

NOTE: this post has been moved by a Community Manager from a newly posted thread, into an older thread on the same subject. This is done in order to avoid confusion and duplication of effort. As a courtesy to other Community members, please post in one place only. For reference, new thread was entitled "Re- Post of Google+ Listing problem."

==============================

Re: Re- Post of Google+ Listing problem.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Peter,

I'm sorry - I've been tied up with work and haven't been able to get back to your question. Can I just confirm - is this the page that you want removed from Google Maps: https://maps.google.com/?cid=14581860706599748453 ?

If there's no other page listed for your business, I won't be able to get the page removed entirely from Google's local database. It will need to stay there as an unclaimed listing, unless you can identify that the business no longer exists which means it will need to be marked as permanently closed.

However, if you do have another listing for the decorating business then this listing can be marked as a duplicate - but I haven't been able to find that other listing sadly. Do you have another listing in your dashboard at all?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Chandra, thanks for your reply and your time in helping me with the listing Manchester-Decorators.
Yes the business you have identified is the correct one.
I have previously marked the business as closed several times as Manchester-Decorators was my business and is now closed but it still appears in the search results.
I have previously claimed this business as detailed in my previous e mail then tried to delete the page etc.
It also comes up in google local for businesses related to plumbing and heating as detailed in my previous email etc.
I do not have another listing in my dashboard.
Regards
Peter

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi Peter,

If your business has shut down, then the only thing you can do is mark the page as permanently closed. This will not remove the listing from Maps database as Google keeps a record of all local business as part of its efforts to organise the world's information. But even though it may still show up on the search results, there will also be a red banner showing the business is now closed to alert customers that it is no longer operating.

You can mark the business as closed, via the Suggest an edit feature in Maps.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Priya, thanks again for your reply re Manchester-Decorators. I have marked the business closed like you suggested.
Is there anything that can be done to stop Manchester-Decorators showing up in search results for "Plumber"?

Regards
Peter