My Business
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business won't let me update my location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've tried managing my current location due to an office move. Firstly it tells me for my current (now old) location:

"There is a problem with this data. Please update it."

I've tried changing the details to my new location and when trying to save it tells me:

"Enter an address and marker that specify the same place."

The new details I'm trying to enter are identical to another business address on Google My Business, so I know they are 100% correct.

As a test I thought I'd try and update my current (now old) location just to see if it would work. There is actually nothing wrong with the current location and it was verified at one stage, I don't know how long it has been sat like this for. The marker is actually in the correct plan for my current/old address, as is the text address.

I think there must be a bigger issue with my listing, but I don't know where to go from here or how to fix it. Please assist?

The business is Rainbeaux Media Limited. It has exactly the same address details as another business in my account - Bold Consultancy Limited - that one went through fine.

G+: https://plus.google.com/b/104884033682983244194/+RainbeauxmediaLtd/posts?gmbpt=true&pageId=104884033...

Current Address: Thie Laurys, 12 Glebe Aalin, Ballaugh, Isle of Man, IM7 5BW

New Address: Unit 18a, Carrs Lane, Tromode Estate, Douglas, IM4 4QB

Phone Number: 01624 611757

Many Thanks

Richard

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google My Business won't let me update my location

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Rainbeaux M

Could you log into the business details please, add the new address, correct PIN marker, then save.

Take a screen shot please and we can try and work out whats going on.

Thanks

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply, Tim. By doing what you've asked I've noticed the problem. The Country was set to United Kingdom but we're based in Isle of Man. The newer business I've set up successfully had Isle of Man as the country location so the address has been accepted. I've set up a new location for Rainbeaux Media with the correct country and it has accepted it without issue.

This leads me to a new issue. I now need to remove the old location. Does marking the business as permanently closed remove it from maps? I obviously don't want people to think the business has closed when it has not, but I need to remove it from my control panel and from Google so that only the new correct entry shows.

Thanks

Richard

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rainbeaux M
May 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Rainbeaux M

No, Don't delete, contact business support firstly to see if they can correct to Isle of Man

https://support.google.com/business/contactflow

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

tell you @Manish A what you are:

A Self Promotion Spammer:

This self-promotional post has been archived by a Moderator. Please note that our Community Posting Guidelines ask that you do not promote any products or services here in the forum, even if related.

Repeated spam posts may result in suspension from this community forum.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My adres correct is 2263 sw 37 ave. suite 101, studio 101 Miami fl 33145.

hair color by rosa you can verify.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@rosa j

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I am having the same problem. On google search, google plus and google map our business has the correct address which is Studio J Architecture 100 Pine Street Studio 1250, San Francisco 94111 but through google.com  it shows the old address 350 San Anselmo Ave, San Anselmo 94960. I've tried update it many times but always get the answer YOUR BUSINESS CAN'T BE VERIFIED! 

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@StudioJ A

nobody has the same problem unless talking about the same business as any other user.

Therefore: 

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Don't forget to properly mentioning me in the new thread per " @Helmut Geissler "

I'm prepared then to chime in to your new thread

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've tried managing my current location due to an office move. Firstly it tells me for my current (now old) location:

"There is a problem with this data. Please update it."

I've tried changing the details to my new location and when trying to save it tells me:

"Enter an address and marker that specify the same place."

The new details I'm trying to enter are identical to another business address on Google My Business, so I know they are 100% correct.

As a test I thought I'd try and update my current (now old) location just to see if it would work. There is actually nothing wrong with the current location and it was verified at one stage, I don't know how long it has been sat like this for. The marker is actually in the correct plan for my current/old address, as is the text address.

I think there must be a bigger issue with my listing, but I don't know where to go from here or how to fix it. Please assist?

The business is Rainbeaux Media Limited. It has exactly the same address details as another business in my account - Bold Consultancy Limited - that one went through fine.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/111180059269357032145

https://business.google.com/b/113024143824166921278/dashboard/l/02420981781313771220

ph- 919767201995