My Business
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business page has been suspended.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

My business name is fix2U

I have 10 locations in Google+, for various locations around australia

For some reason, one location (Melbourne) has just been suspended.

My telephone number is +61 2 8599 0830

fix2U HQ is in Sydney 

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/fix2U/@-33.8691228,150.9262211,10z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x6b...

My website is www.fix2u.com

My google+ page is https://plus.google.com/+Fix2uSmartPhoneRepair

I have attempted about 10 times to complete the "appeal for reinstatement" form. But then I receive an e-mail that tells me the URL for my google+ page is not valid.

Can someone help me?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I noticed you are using for your several "locations" (not being locations but service area businesses) the same phone number  +61 1300 887 060

This might trigger Googles Anti Spam algos - not sure though.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut, the 1300 number is our call centre. We are a franchise operation. Customer services are handled centrally. 

Does anyone have thoughts on why the google form "appeal for reinstatement" is rejecting my google+ page as not valid?

My google+ page is https://plus.google.com/+Fix2uSmartPhoneRepair

At the moment this forum seems to be my only hope of contacting Google on this matter.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Still need help!

Can someone please advise how I might contact Google about this. As mentioned, I am unable to use their appeal form.

Here is the e-mail reply I get from Google after submitting the form

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Google. However, it appears that you have not entered the URL of your Google+ page correctly.

Please enter the correct URL of your official Google+ page and submit your page for review. We’ll review your page and if it complies with our policies, we’ll lift the suspension.

If you have any further questions, please consult the Google My Business Help Center.

Thanks,

Google My Business Support

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

You must use the local phone no for the contractor who provides your service. And in its GmB entry chose the Service Area option near the end to suppress the contractors address, where verification postcards will go to. A general call centre no is not allowed.

You need a seperate web page for each contractor location with the local phone no and address.

Put the relevant local website page on the GmB entry. In search it will just show the main website page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Andrew

Thanks for the advice. I have decided to remove all phone numbers from the GmB entries. They are indeed all set up as Service Area business.

The problem is - how do I get the page reconsidered? As I mentioned before, I can't get the appeal for reinstatement form to work. It rejects https://plus.google.com/+Fix2uSmartPhoneRepair as an invalid Google+ page

Re: Google My Business page has been suspended.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

The link you give is to a Google+ Brand page. Nothing to do with GmB.

Your real business name is Fix2U so take the rest off any name you use in GmB.

You just need the Brand page for the franchise itself and a GmB for each franchise with the real business name. The Category is for saying you do Iphone Repairs. And other business offering goes in the description.

Re: Google My Business page has been suspended.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Andrew

Thanks for the advice I will make those changes.

However, the GmB appeal for reinstatement form *does* ask for a Google+ page URL. I've attached the screenshot below (last question). I agree, Google+ brand page has nothing to do with GmB so I do not know why this is requested. In any event, when I enter the URL of my Google+ page, I get a rejection e-mail a few seconds after submitting the form from Google saying that it is not a valid Google+ URL.

Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 14.13.26.png