My Business
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business listings - list view on Google search

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

Desperately looking for some guidance here!

I have set up Google my Business account for our three store locations, which has worked fine - see below.

image 1.jpg

However I am struggling with the next step. When someone puts the business name into google - only one store location appears on Google Maps.

image 2.jpg

To find the other stores on Google Maps, you have to be much more specific and enter the store name and town.

Other businesses have a list format on Google Maps that shows all the stores, using pins for each store location - as show below

image 3.jpg

Is there something I need to do to get this working for my three locations on Google my Business?

Any help would be really appreciated - I can't seem to find anything online about this.

Thanks in advance

Declan Clark

Karpet Mills

Unit 8b Airport Industrial Estate

Kingston Park

Newcastle Upon Tyne

UK

NE3 2EF

+44191 2716576

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google My Business listings - list view on Google search

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Karpet M

This is algorithmically produced based on Google understanding the business.

The first thing I would do is on your location page: http://www.karpetmills.co.uk/find-us

I would embed the actual map from the business page, so the this would be the airport one:

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m14!1m8!1m3!1d9151.102513308397!2d-1.664018!3d55.012098!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x0%3A0xae4dd7b1882676fe!2sKarpet+Mills!5e0!3m2!1sen!2suk!4v1480101966535" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Then also correct the page <title>

Current:

<title>Karpet Mills | Carpets Sunderland | Carpet Shop Sunderland | Carpets Newcastle Carpets Sunderland | Carpet Shop Sunderland | Carpets Newcastle</title>

Suggest:

<title>Karpet Mills - Store Locations</title>

Give it a a couple of weeks to see if this has affect.

Another option would be to add store details in footer, which can be linked to maps and you can also add structured data around them sitewide.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership