My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business listing for Dealer locations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our business manufactures goods that are distributed through our dealer network nationwide.  The dealerships are not owned by our company.  However, is there a way for me to list these locations?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google My Business listing for Dealer locations

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jeff R

Typically, no, only the dealership would be eligible for a listing since it's their location and not the manufacturer's.

The following is from the Google My Business guidelines:

If your business sells another business brand’s product(s) or service(s), use only the name of the business, excluding the name of the brand being sold, which cannot have a listing for this location.

• Not Acceptable: "Staples / UPS", "America’s Tire / Firestone"
  • Acceptable: "Staples", "America’s Tire"

However, if the business location is an authorized and fully dedicated seller of the branded product or service (sometimes known as a "franchisee"), you may use the underlying brand name when creating the listing.

• Acceptable: "TCC Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer", "U-Haul Neighborhood Dealer"

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.