My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business linked to wrong YouTube account, not linked to Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google My Business is linked to the wrong YouTube account, one that has zero videos, zero views, zero followers.  It is also not linked to my Adwords account. How do I correct these two problems?

Somax Performance Institute

4 Tara Hill Road

Tiburon, CA

415-435-9880

Re: Google My Business linked to wrong YouTube account, not linked to Adwords

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Bob P: I don't know about AdWords, but you can move your YouTube channel to the Google+ Page/Brand Account associated with your business.

There are instructions for moving your channel here:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/3056283

Make sure that you are a manager of the Brand Account you want to move your channel to.

To do that:

1. Sign in as the owner of the YouTube channel

2. Open your Brand Accounts list myaccount.google.com/brandaccounts

3. Make sure the Brand Account you want to move the channel to is listed there.

If it's not, the Google account that owns the YouTube channel must be made a manager of the Brand Account first.

Once you've done that you can sign in to YouTube and go to Settings > Advanced youtube.com/account_advanced and click "Move channel to your Google Account or a different Brand Account"

If you have trouble you may want to post a question in the YouTube help forum:

productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/youtube

Google My Business linked to wrong YouTube account, not linked to Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I think google has made this a bit confusing.. having an account, a different business page, 2 different youtube sites, then the google plus, and the google pages...  then add in the map and the googlebusiness my business pages..   I hope that someone integrates all of this into one.  I was afraid to merge my youtube site, in talking with google tech support it seems sketchy at best at this point and you could end up with something that they can not undo.   if you do merge, please post how it worked out.