My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business have cut us off

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We recently made a complaint to Google because they were showing content about our business, a Hotel/B&B, that was factually incorrect. These were the "Hotel Details". Google told us that they were unable to change these details as they were auto-generated from our website. As you may imagine, if you are trying to advertise your business and Google has incorrect information, then this can be quite a serious problem. The wording that this auto-generation was using was not from our website or was 3 years out of date. I find it hard to believe that Google is unable to change information that it publishes about my business. I also find it difficult to understand that it publish information about us without checking it with us first. We were told that a senior manager would call us back later that day. They didn't. Instead, Google have now taken down our business and removed it entirely. Again, as you might imagine, this is now even more problematic. We are therefore left with a choice to either not show on the internet or have factually incorrect information about us. Following this, our Google Adwords manager has also gone awol. Has anyone else experienced this problem and what can we do about it? Thank you....

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google My Business have cut us off

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Frank

I can see how this would be incredibly frustrating for you.

Do you have any case numbers from emails or anything I can send back to Google to help someone chase this up?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog