My Business
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business Posting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I've received an email telling that experes a post in my google bussiness.

Could you tell me, first how many days a post is current; second, can I change the days and if is yes where I can change it, I  can't find in google posting page.

Thanks in advance

Gemma Flaquer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
July

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

To the best of my knowledge those posts are only valid for 7 days, and then after that they are removed and as far as I am aware they cannot be altered to be longer.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
July

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

To the best of my knowledge those posts are only valid for 7 days, and then after that they are removed and as far as I am aware they cannot be altered to be longer.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

A couple of week ago, there was a feature on Google My Business Post where I can customise the start and end date of the post. I want to upload a new post today, however that feature is no longer there. Did you (Google) change it or did you move that feature somewhere else?

Also, I've posted this morning and I couldn't see my post attached to the GMB right side. Is there a delay on the post now? Two weeks, my post appeared instantly.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The posts last for 7 days unless you set the post as an event, that is how you get the date range @Good P

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

If I create a Post and enter it as an Event, with duration start date/time and end date/time then it will activate/deactivate based on the duration?  Or is the entered duration solely for display purposes only?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Carolyn, if you were to create an event, after you submit it, it will be displayed, and run until the event official ends.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I will test again, I think it publishes right away when I select Publish, regardless of the event duration I put in the start/end fields.