My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business: New Categories?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I work for Al-Anon, we are a non-profit support group for families of alcoholics. Currently the only category remotely close is Alcoholic Treatment Program. Well we are not a treatment program, we are support groups. We do not have counselors nor do we have a dedicated facility.

You may think that "Alcoholic Treatment Progam" is well enough, except one of the key traditions within Al-Anon is we do not treat alcoholism; so this miscategorization is very damaging to our potential new members as they feel we are here to help their loved ones stop drinking.

I work at the World Service Office representing 67 districts across US and Canada and we need to make sure our mission is represented properly in the category. Is there anyway to recommend the addition of a new category?

Scot Powers

Al-Anon Family Groups

1600 Corporate Landing Parkway

Virginia Beach, VA  23454

757-563-1600 x1675

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google My Business: New Categories?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

there is no proper way to  recommend the addition of a new category.

The general advise is to use any more general category.

But oyu can use structured data to send good and strong signals via your website about your specifics.

The Googel Search engine will the find oyour listing even for the preffered keywords.