My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business. My Open hours are different each weekend day.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

Just spent 2 hours first on hold and then with shaker attempting to solve this issue.

I run a childrens indoor moonbounce party place.  On weekdays my hours that I am open to the public for Open Play Bounce Sessions are the same.  On Friday/Sat and Sunday and Holidays I add open play sessions based on my party schedule and employee schedule and weather.

On Tuesday I decide that for the coming weeking I'll open from one to three pm or ten to noon, or nine am to 12:30p or not be open to the public at all.   I got so many calls last week saying I heard you closed today (one guy thought I was out of business) because I have been unable to change the hours on the google my business.

My concern about changing the hours on the google maps/my business is that it is not so much a schedule (on Monday the blank, we open from x to y) but a list of when open.   I might be open Sunday from one to three THIS WEEK, but that does not mean I am open sundays from one to three.

I am experimenting with the holiday special hour but the best I can tell is that the viewer only sees the hours on the day they are looking.  So the mom who wonders if the playzone is open tomorrow would not see it.

I might be wrong on some of this. I am just pissed that folks think I am closed when I am open. 

Robb:  4436771990.  Ultimate Playzone/Cockeysville. 

https://plus.google.com/u/2/b/111931733181876041636/111931733181876041636/posts?gmbpt=true&pageId=11...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google My Business. My Open hours are different each weekend day.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @robb t

The viewer can still click the hours and see a full drop down of all days.

You said you were experimenting with special hours and a bit more info contained on page.

All the hours are available to users if they just click the hours. So there is not much Google can do about users that don't look at the info.

If you hours change that often, your best bet is to try and have a stable Mon - Fri/Sat/Sun type hours, where you can then add special hours onto and days onto as as when you want to.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership