My Business
7.1K members online now
7.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business Location randomly set to closed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear all,

I have several business locations managed through the google my business platform, which normally works quite well. Now suddenly I noticed 1 of my locations (whilst browsing on google) was showing the red permanently closed sign (I never made this change). I went into the GMB platform and saw it was set to permanently closed.. I am sure I did not put this status.

Is there a reason why it would change status automatically? perhaps through people alerting google? but would it really amend the status without the location owners consent?

thanks for your feedback. 

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Google trust 'crowd sourced' data over your entry.

Edit it back to 'No'.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What did you do? This has happened just this morning to 2 sites I manage!! We did NOTHING that would have caused this! I answered "Yes" to the not closed because there was activity, is this correct?" The sites are still listed as permanently closed, but are showing on location search, branded map listing and I can get gmail and g+... I seem to be able to make changes to the listing,but it still has the High Importance Note from Google listing it as permanently closed. 

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

I have done nothing. We are only volunteers.

We are volunteers and need this information if we are to help you

Can you share:
Business Name
Phone no
Address
Category
Are you a shop front business or one that goes and does contract work at the client? Or only see clients by appointment at home or a studio. Do you sell only online?

A screen shot of your GmB Edit screen
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-Business-Owners/How-to-add-screen-captures-or-s...
    Screen shot method thanks to Helmut
The URL from the option to see the GMB in search
We need to see URLs for any duplicate search results and
any Maps listings you refer to for Place markers.

Any URL links to steetview or maps problems as well will help.

Andrew