My Business
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business Listing Vanish After Merging

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I’ve twice called Google to merge duplicate listings that were claimed and they were able to do it. However, after they were merged, in both instances, they have all but vanished from map results. Both instances were dentists where the first listing was for their actual practice and the second was for the individual doctor’s listing. Now Google states it’s okay to have separate listings for individual practitioners if more than one practitioner practices at the location, but they also state that you can merge the practitioner listing if they are the only practitioner. In both circumstances where we merged them, both were the sole practitioner and only doctor listed on the website… Curious if anyone has ever seen GMB listings basically drop out of top 5 and vanish from results completely with the above scenario?!?!

To be PERFECTLY CLEAR, the listings are still there if searching for a branded keyword term. I'm referring to the main target keywords of each business (dental practice). Where these businesses were both top 5 or at least top 10 listings for the main target keyword, they have both now disappeared from the results for their targets. No other changes have been made to the GMB accounts, etc.