My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business Listing Reinstated, the Suspended in Less than 24 Hours?!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

JC Lock & Key

112 Grantham Circle, Madison AL 35756 (Hidden as I do not provide services at my home as stated in guidelines)

256-724-1053

https://plus.google.com/b/101237376697470290616/101237376697470290616/posts?gmbpt=true&pageId=101237...

I woke up this morning to find that my listing was suspended, yet again after FINALLY being reinstated yesterday following a month of hassle. I do not understand what is going on with this and why it was reinstated only to be suspended again in less than a day. I have not added or modified ANYTHING on this listing since being reinstated so I am very confused as to why this is happening. Can someone please look at this and see if you notice anything because I have gone over the quality guidelines a thousand times and cannot see any reason for the suspension.  I'm just trying to run a business and this is killing it.  I have posted 3 or 4 times and no one wants to help so it's been completely frustrating dealing with Google on all fronts.  I hate this digital age where a computer decides if my business is legitimate or not and no one cares to help.  Is there ANY person monitoring these forums that has the ability to help me?

Thank You,

Justin Ridgeway

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google My Business Listing Reinstated, the Suspended in Less than 24 Hours?!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @JC R

I will escalate for you.

FYI: whats with the html in your business description, I would tidy that up.

JC Lock   Key   Google .png

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Re: Google My Business Listing Reinstated, the Suspended in Less than 24 Hours?!

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you, Sir! I see it now and I will defintely fix that!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

It may take a few days to get some Google eyes on this, hang tight

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Will do! Thank you again very much!

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Tim Capper I have not yet received a response from Google.  Should I try and contact them or keep waiting?  This whole mess has been frustrating.

Side note:  I fixed the weird html code in my "About" section.  I believe it was from trying to copy/paste from my website.  I know being a Locksmith basically dooms my listing to be scrutinized very highly, but do you see anything (photos, info, etc.) that looks like it would trigger a suspension?  I just can't for the life of me find what could be a problem with it.

Thanks Tim,

Justin

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author JC R
October 2016

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Tim Capper Speak of the devil, I just received a response from Google saying that it can't reinstate my page due to spammy behavior so now I am really lost!  I can't get anywhere with Google's terrible service so I am just going to delete the listing from my account.  They reinstated it and then suspended it in less than 24 hours for apparent spammy behavior without posts and only pictures.  Just trying to run a legit business and Google is impossible.  Thanks Tim for trying but Google is pathetic.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @JC R

Please do not delete. I have escalated this problem, so if you delete they cant check the page.

Just hold on

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
@Tim Capper Its already deleted. I have completely started over with
a new Google account. I am so burned out with Google, trying to decode
their chinese puzzle box with my listing. I am just a small business owner
and this is the most frustrating thing I have had to deal with by far.
Reading quality guidelines doesn't help because I don't see any violation
and "spammy behavior" makes no sense because all I have are pictures,
business info, and reviews.

I am not an internet coding genius so unless Google is seeing
something somewhere that is hidden to me, there is nothing left for me to
do. I trashed everything, claimed the listing, and requested a postcard for
verification so I am waiting to see what Google will come up with when my
code gets here.

Google represents 80% of how my customers find me and I keep being
treated as if I am hacker or something. I just want my listing back that I
have worked hard for to get reviews and Google is cutting my throat for it.

Thanks for trying to help Tim, but Google just shuts me down. I hope
starting fresh will reset whatever it is that is happening.

-
Justin

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't know what wrong with mine after I have made the necessary changes. I closed my previous business and used the same phone number from my closed business then I got suspended, so I used a new number and I am trying get reinstated and nothing is happening