My Business
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business Insights

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When looking at insights for our Google My Business pages I see a metric for Google+ pageviews - Number of times people saw your business's Google+ page. I've noticed that Google doesn't show a link to the Google+ page on search anymore, be it on desktop or mobile devices. What is considered a Google+ pageview? in Insights? It's unclear on how these views are counted if there is no one connected to our local pages.

Thank you.

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: Google My Business Insights

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Pannos,
Views are a combination of you local business being viewed in Search (including mobile), maps views, your Google+ page, Posts and Photos. Even if people are not connected (as followers) to your G+ Local Page, You will still accumulate views as your visibility increases.

Note: If you are active on your G+ page this will help increase your visibility in Google Products as well.

Hope that helps.
Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I am guessing it is counting every time the Local business record is found on Maps, web search and Google+, although only the last one would display the Google+ page.
I am going to ask to confirm.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Pannos,
Views are a combination of you local business being viewed in Search (including mobile), maps views, your Google+ page, Posts and Photos. Even if people are not connected (as followers) to your G+ Local Page, You will still accumulate views as your visibility increases.

Note: If you are active on your G+ page this will help increase your visibility in Google Products as well.

Hope that helps.
Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Yes Pannos,

It's a bit of a misnomer, now that Google is distancing Local from G+ and had made the G+ Local pages impossible for the average consumer to find. They even just removed G+ Local listings from the API, so they really don't want anyone seeing those pages.

But I think Ben is right. The Local page itself does not really show up anywhere because Google is just displaying your details in different ways... right in search via the Knowledge Graph, in the Local Finder and in maps. So insights must be counting all those impressions.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
The Google employee confirmed what constitutes a view in Insight, and is explained in this help article, already summarized by Ben.
https://support.google.com/business/answer/6001255

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor