My Business
5K members online now
5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business Insights Directed to New Analytics Property

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I redesigned my website but kept the same domain name.  I transferred a subdomain to my main domain in Bluehost.  I was able to set up another property on my Google Analytics account but cannot see how to make the Insights page on Google My Business direct to this new Analytics account?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google My Business Insights Directed to New Analytics Property

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Grant
There isn't a configuration option for the specific website property to tie to the dashboard. It's a function of the login account, Analytics and the URL on the GMB page.
This article might help clarify: https://support.google.com/business/answer/4708936

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Margaret

I'm having a similar problem in that my insights are pointing to the wrong analytics property, however both have the correct name, so I'm not sure what to do here. If I rename the incorrect one will the page default to the correct property?

Many thanks,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Margaret - I had checked that article but I believe the email account I use for my Google + Business page is the same as my Google Analytics. The email account I used for my previous domain and my redesigned domain are the same. I still have my previous domain in Google Analytics - maybe that is an issue? Or maybe that I am using the same domain name for my previous site. My newly redesigned site has the same domain name but a different tracking ID?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
And now I can no longer get to my stream and usual edit page for my business?

Google My Business Insights Directed to New Analytics Property

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Grant S
Apologies for the delay in responding - the message that you had replied got lost and just found it. 

Is this still a problem?

@Horniman M Please start your own thread with a description of your issue plus the business details (name, address, home, website). This helps keep conversations and the forum better organised. Thank you.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog