My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business Hours Keep Changing!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have called in to GMB close to ten times, verified my business, had Google call a manager at the store... And still the hours get changed to an incorrect setting after a day or two. Is there anyone that can actually solve this issue?

If not, and we remove and re add the listing so that it is done correctly?

I am seeing others posts of users having the same problem! Please advise.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google My Business Hours Keep Changing!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
That is usually because Google keeps finding your hours on the web or at a data aggregator that they trust more than the hours that you give them.

1- Double/tripple check your website to be sure that you do not have the wrong hours and do have the correct hours
2- Check elsewhere around the web to see if the wrong hours are displayed someplace and get them changed

If you provide you business name, address, correct and incorrect hours I can look and see if I can id the source.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Same!

Worse, they call us and verify verbally and then within an hour change our hours to EXACTLY what we told them NOT TO DO! We are a major Flea Market and Auction Tourist attraction. 61 years in business on FRIDAY ONLY. Google keeps changing the hours to our corporate hours - thus having the unaware who cannot believe that Google isn't "our website" sometimes traveling HOURS to arrive on a day when WE ARE NOT OPEN!!! Worse, they show us closed for many of our auctions and have us closing at least 3 hours earlier than we should on our regular days. It's ridiculous and is costing us customers.

I just verified YET AGAIN over the phone what our hours are, was assured it would not change, and within an hour - there it goes again. Wrong.

I've edited to no hours so that customers have to click through to our website for details. No go.

It's ridiculous that you can't call them back. They want everything handled via the web when their standard stock answers do not work that way.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How does Google handle Corporate v. Public Hours?

Like many tourist attractions we have business office hours that are significantly different than our Open To The Public Hours. Despite repeated written and verbal clarification Google seems unable to understand this. They literally change our hours to pure nonsense even after promising they won't and it's impossible to reach them to correct it.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
I would handle it by making sure that both your corporate office and your flea market have their own "local landing page" on your site that you use for your URL at Google. There and any where hours are I would us Schema.org to mark up the hours for each location so that Google understands which hours go with which location.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Carls Jr Calgary
1140 16 Ave NW
Calgary, AB
T2M 0K8

10 am - 11 pm is the CORRECT hours.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Carls J

So Google corrects them to 10 am to 10 pm? 

Is there seasonality to the hours? IE is there a time when that is correct?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey there,

10am-11pm will be our permanent hours. We opened with 10 am - 10 pm in 2015 (opened Dec 2015), but in 2016 we switched over to the new hours. Thus the new hours have been in place for 5 months

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
It appears that those 10 am to 10 PM hours are possibly being scraped from these pages in your store finder:
https://m-maps.carlsjr.com/stores/1102457

where you indicate that they are in fact 10 am to 10 pm and not 10-11

This page on your site does as well http://www.carlsjr.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=87

I think the store locator is the root cause but it might be wrong hours elsewhere on the internet like Zomato

Google My Business Hours Keep Changing!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My three business pages wont keep my edited hours, there is nowhere online that shows the hours that these pages keep showing, theyre the wrong days and times and its really frustrating to keep editing them and nothing happening. Can you shed some light on how i can rectify this please?