My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business Hours Keep Changing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Why do my Google hours keep changing?  I've been updating them about monthly for the past year or so.  Each time I log into Google My Business, I see: Hours you last provided (correct hours), Hours published on Google (incorrect hours). So I update to the correct hours and it's publishes. Within a week or 2, the hours are back to being incorrect.

Thanks (business info below)

Bobby Rahal Toyota

6711 Carlisle Pike

Mechanicsburg, PA 17050

(717) 691-0500

https://plus.google.com/102959430287146831996/posts

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google My Business Hours Keep Changing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Seth,

I wanted to see if I could assist you here. When I google the business name "Bobby Rahal Toyota" I get the image below. Do the hours listed show correct times? Can you verify the times that are correct and the times that keep showing the error?  

123.JPG

I also checked your G+ Business page and it seems to match your search listing. 

456.JPG

I am sure you are aware that you have full control of the times listed here.

To set opening hours:

1. Make sure that you've followed the steps above to select the location whose hours you want to set.
  2. Select a day of the week from the first drop-down menu.
  3. Chose what time your business opens on that day from the options in the second box.
  4. In the third box, select when your business closes for that day.
  5. To add another day of the week, click Add Hours and repeat the process.
  6. Once you’re done, click Save.

You can delete any hours you’ve added by clicking the X next to the line entry.

Source: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3039617?hl=en

Can you share a screenshot of the incorrect times you are seeing? I did double-check your business pages to see if there was a duplicate but I didn't see anything that matched the business address in question. The pages listed seemed to have different names associated with the pages, so I assume these are just different locations?

789.JPG 

I will do my best to help you out. 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Spencer, thank you for replying. I actually corrected the hours right after I posted my original message when I probably should have left it alone.

The hours that were listed were 7:30am-5:00pm this morning, which are our stores' service hours. I'm not sure where these are pulling from, but like I said, I go in and resubmit 9:00am-8:00pm about monthly and it switches back within a week or two. I manage 5 stores' accounts and this is the only store I have this issue with

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello Bobby,

No problem at all, that would explain why everything looks OK, lets see what happens over the next week, if you see a chnage please come back immediately and we will dig into the details. I did check your site which shows correct hours on the page and in the site code, I checked all GMB listings again to make sure we were not missing anything, all seems correct for today anyway. I will look out for your next email, when and if the chnage takes place. When it happens grab a screenshot for future help. 

Have a great week! Fingers crossed this sticks this time! 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Spencer,

Sounds great! I'll keep an eye out for when it changes next and I'll post the details.

Thank you!
Seth

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Awesome, sorry about calling your Bobby, Seth, I will keep my eyes out for the follow up!

Have a great week!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Spencer,

It looks like it's been changing faster than I thought! It only took 3 days and it's back to 7:30am - 5:00pm.

Incorrect Hours Display on Google

As you can see below, it says "Information you last provided (correct hours)" and "Published on Google (incorrect hours)."

Information you last provided (correct hours)" and "Published on Google (incorrect hours)

I appreciate you help!

Seth

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Seth R
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hello Seth,

I tried calling your office direct, I had GMB on the line with another issue and was going to get your issue sorted but I cant take any steps without you being involved. Here is what you need to do, use this link to request a call back, it will come pretty fast, once you have them on the line tell them about the hour changing issue and they will manually get this resolved for you today. She checked and noticed the issue but couldn't make any changes without you being involved. This should get you fixed up.

Let us know the outcome after the call. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Spencer,

Sorry I missed your call. I followed your instructions above and was called within 1 minute. They took care of the issue on the phone for us. As of right now, it's corrected, but I'll keep my eyes open to make sure it doesn't switch back. If it does change back, the Google rep gave me an email address to directly email her.

We really appreciate your expertise and willingness to help out! You're the man!

Have a nice weekend,
Seth

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Awesome, I will follow this post till the end, and just glad you are able to properly show your hours of operation to your customers correctly. If you have direct contact, you are golden.

Have a great weekend!