My Business
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business Account has Adwords Location with Old Address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a business in my account under a linked Adwords account showing an old location address - this is the red box on the right below:

gmb-adwords.jpg

This old location is: Free At Last Hypnosis - 80 Worcester Street, Suite 10, North Grafton, MA 01536

The account has correct location and address in the managed box on the left: Free At Last, Suite 6, North Grafton, MA 015136. This is verified and working fine. The other location being managed in this dashboard is a different business and not impacted by my problem.

I updated the suite number to #6 in the address a few months ago after advice from GMB associate but it seems to have left an old location floating around with the Adwords location which is not verified and causing issues for me with my Google adwords link.

When I try to delete the Adwords box it tells me I can't because there is a location being managed by it and I need to "move" to to another account first. ???? When I go into the location and see it is old suite number there is no facility there to delete this location only to permanently close it. 

I sent in a support request on this a few weeks ago and haven't heard anything and as this is limiting my ability to implement ad extensions with the correct business address I'm hoping the community has seen this before and can help.

Any thoughts on what to do next?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cliff C
February 2016

Re: Google My Business Account has Adwords Location with Old Address

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Cliff,

Hmm this is quite strange! So I did a good bit of digging between our internal systems, regular Google search, and in G+, and am only able to uncover the listing at suite 6. All of our internal systems only show the suite 6 location. I'm not finding any duplicates, so I really don't know why you have the suite 10 page still listed in your account. While I hate to direct you elsewhere, I think that your best bet may be to contact support here: https://support.google.com/business/?hl=en#topic=4539639&contact=1

-Liz

View solution in original post

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi @Cliff C,

Thanks for writing! My first thought here would be to go into the listing for the old address, and report it as moved. My guess is that there is something of a duplicate issue which is causing this problem in your account--it looks like the system is seeing your old address as a duplicate of your current address, and doesn't realize that you have moved. 

I hope that this information helps, and please let me know if you have further questions, or if I misunderstood your initial question and you need more clarification! 

Best,
Liz

GMB Community Manager 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

gmb-adwords-2.jpg

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for your response. I'm not seeing a place to report this old location as moved in the listing. I believe this old listing has got messed up. To provide more clarification on what I'm seeing I've included some additional screenshots.

Here is what I see when I login to my dashboard:

gmb-adwords.jpg

When I click on the Adwords location box this is the screen returned:

gmb-adwords-2.jpg

When I updated the address from suite 10 to suite 6 - my wife just moved office suite but stayed in same building -  it created my new entry for suite 6 correctly but left this listing behind.in my account linked to my adwords account. Here is what I see if I click on this "bad" listing as the next screen:

gmb-adwords-3.jpg

As you can see it has a place to permanently close but not move. I'm concerned this will mess up the good listing if I permanently close it. 

I'm just looking to get rid of it without touching my good listing which is working just fine for her.

Any thoughts on next step?

Cliff

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cliff C
February 2016

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Cliff,

Hmm this is quite strange! So I did a good bit of digging between our internal systems, regular Google search, and in G+, and am only able to uncover the listing at suite 6. All of our internal systems only show the suite 6 location. I'm not finding any duplicates, so I really don't know why you have the suite 10 page still listed in your account. While I hate to direct you elsewhere, I think that your best bet may be to contact support here: https://support.google.com/business/?hl=en#topic=4539639&contact=1

-Liz

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for looking into this for me. I will do as you suggest and contact support but request a call back. I already used the email option for support on this issue a few weeks ago but nobody contacted me. Hoping I'll have better luck with call back request.

Once again thank you for your time.

Cliff

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
My pleasure, Cliff! Please don't hesitate to let me know if I can be of any further help to you, and best of luck getting this cleared up!