My Business
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business Account Transfer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need to help a client get a Google My Business account transferred. The last time I attempted this it was a PAIN. I'm hoping that the process has been fine tuned some. Here is the deal. Tigertel Communications based in Canada was acquired by Stericycle Communications. That is the new website for Tigertel as they are phasing out the brand. It had been tigertel.com

What is the easiest process to transfer the My Business account over to a new user or at least have a new user added to the existing account? Whoever had access to the account is no longer with the company so it is impossible to request access. We would also prefer to just update the existing account instead of starting out with a clean slate. 

Someone please tell me it is easier to do now. I'm GYBO certified but I don't see how that helps in this type of situation (transfer).

I think I covered the business name, business address etc. requested info. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google My Business Account Transfer

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@YourPPCPro

maybe a silly question but I don't know a term "My Business account"

What I know is a term "Business account" and this is what we can create using the steps in this HC article

Ok  this HC article also contains this link: "Transfer ownership of locations to a business account"

Not sure this helps you.

If not please elaborate your question.

Re: Google My Business Account Transfer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I was referring to a Google My Business account. Thank you for the article but this is the problem: You can only transfer to a business account that you own or manage.

Since it was an acquisition they do not have access to it. I've reached out to Google to see if they can help. If anyone else has any ideas please let me know. Thanks in advance.