My Business
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Maps

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Park City Moving Company

125 N. 300 W. Heber, Ut. 84032

435-709-1460

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/103925347544543980952/+Parkcitymovingcompany1/about

Hi again @Tim Capper, I was hoping you could answer a question about being listed on google maps. I really need to show up when "movers in park city ut" is typed but I am not. Any suggestions on how to pop up on various searches? Thanks again for your time. You were VERY helpful last time!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aaron M
November 2016

Re: Google Maps

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Aaron M

So now its a case of building your businesses authority. You want to be getting your site organically positioned on Page 1 for "movers in park city, ut"

Two areas to work on: Your Site and Your Google business page.

Your Site:

I don't like saying it, but your site needs an overhaul. It needs a proper structure, it needs relevant content, it needs call to action and structured data.

Take a look at this ( as an example ) provides content, structure, and looks professional.

Removal Services London   Removals Company   Strong Move.png

Read about Boost your Local SEO where I cover some of the basic that your site needs in order to improve visibility.

Quick Wins:

Whilst you work on a new website, you could add a blog / news section to your current site and build up your relevant local content.

Latest Office removal from Park City to XYZ

Take pictures, discuss the job, what it involved, did it go smoothly, congratulate and wish them well.

Then share socially.

Not only do blog posts rank well for long term keywords like "office removal from park city to xyz" but it provides information to the user and potential customer.

Do this every time you complete a job. They can also be seperate articles that are worthy of its own article, for instance you moved a home that had a grand piano.

Five Tips to moving a Grand Piano across the state >> images, tips etc.

The more diverse content you provide, the more Google understands what you do and ranks you for it.

Google Business Page:

Apart from the obvious of sharing your new Articles on your business page, get involved socially within your area.

You are out and about all the time, share:  Traffic updates ( is there a tail back on a road ), did you just have lunch at a new restaurant, share it. 

Get involved socially with your business page and Google will interpret this and understand your locality.

Rankings of Business Pages

I just did a get your Business SEO Christmas Ready which is also worth a read. 

Ask customers for reviews.

Look at local citations.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Google Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much @Tim Capper! I appreciate this so much. I will get to work immediately. Thanks for all the tips. It makes me excited to get this going in the right direction!

Re: Google Maps

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

My Please @Aaron M

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership