My Business
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI there

I am finding that on the organic listing - my google business has gone from page 8 to page 1-2 in ranking but I have suddenly disappeared from the map listings completely.  even when I clink on "more places"  I am not on there.  Clinic is " Infinite Healing Chiropractic & Wellness" in Oshawa, Ontario.  The google search that I perform is under "Oshawa Chiropractor".  Would appreciate any assistance or a phone number for Google where  I can contact them to discuss

Thanks

Aly

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Maps

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Infinite Healing C

I find you position 15.

Oshawa Chiropractor   Google Search.png

This is a pretty competitive market and it would help you to understand how Google Ranks Business Pages

You can contact Business Support but they will direct you to their page on Improving Positions

The immediate thing that jumps out is the lack of citations for the business.

"Infinite Healing Chiropractic and Wellness Centre" AND "245 King St W #2A, Oshawa, ON L1J 0A1"

These need to be increased over time, see this list:

http://www.smartt.com/insights/top-62-canadian-google-local-citation-sources

The most important thing is to keep your NAP consistant ( Name, Address, Phone )  and i see that your yellow pages is incorrect in all three.

http://www.yellowpages.ca/bus/Ontario/Oshawa/Infinite-Healing-Chiropractic/7975943.html

Business Citations FAQs

So I would work on building up your local citations.

Tim Capper
Google My Business Top Contributor (UK) and SEO consultant at Online Ownership

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I second Tim's advice, I saw you in position 16, so you're definitely showing, just not well. In addition to adding more citations, I also found this unclaimed listing for what I'm guessing was an location. It's got the same phone number, so it might be causing problems. You could try contacting Google's support on Facebook or Twitter and asking them to mark that location as 'moved'. If it's hurting you, it won't anymore after that. 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/In+Greathands+Chiropractic+Rehab+%26+Wellness/@43.8898779,-78.8818...

Also, you can get Google to give you a call here, but for a ranking problem like this, you won't get anything useful from them. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the assistance!

Aly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your assistance!

Aly