My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hoping someone out there can help... We moved our business one year ago.  I made the appropriate changes on my business listing, meaning I changed the address, hours etc.  Google maps put the name in the right place and the pin stayed at the old location (3 blocks away)  I did an edit suggestion to correct the pin.  I actually did that about 15+ different times over the past year.  Now Google Maps has the pin in the right place, has the name in the right place on the map, has the address listed correctly but wait for it... when you get directions it takes you to our old address!!!  It's really great when our New Patients arrive at a location we aren't at.  Awkward.  Our current solution is to tell them NOT to follow Google Maps, that its ok to follow Apple Maps or to type in the address but not to click on our business name otherwise we will end up at the wrong place!

Google has no customer service number nor maps department that we can call or email to get help.  

So, any suggestions?

Loucks Chiropractic

1139 Bush St Ste C, San Carlos, CA  94070

650-593-1103

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Loucks+Chiropractic/@37.5089958,-122.2642449,17z/data=!4m21!1m15!4...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Maps

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Here is a link to how to start to solve it. Maps have not updated that portion of the system. If you flag it they will update but it may take time. Have you driven it to see where it breaks down or does it just seem like the direction part does not know the new address? If you check out this post by Edwin Van Damme https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/maps/VnuMBOQf1e4;context-place=topicsearchin/maps/wro... The send feedback should help you get it solved.

David W Cox, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Re: Google Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David
Thanks I will check the link you sent. Maps just has it going to the old address. It's not missing a turn or anything like that doesn't matter where you go from it takes you to my old holly street address
Jim

Sent from my iPad

Google Maps

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Please let the community know here if that does not work.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Google Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks David, I have done as suggested in Edwin Van Damme's post, now I will wait and see if it gets resolved.  I will update this thread as soon as I have any additional info.

Google Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm not sure how long the big Google machine takes... Map still not fixed.  Any insights on how long I should wait in anticipation of their fixing it?

Google Maps

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

There is no fixed time frame to bank on, it can vary based on the user and information posted