My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Maps search issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Business Name: Alissa DeLucca Photography

Address: 9540 Lancaster Place, Boca Raton, FL 33434

Phone- 954 294 3388

Maps URL - only shows my city and not my street address

My business is verified. All my information is added to my google business account. If you search my business by name, it comes up but only shows the city, not my address. Searching my keywords I do not rank at all and I am wondering if it is because my address is not populating properly. I have read and followed the following article - https://support.google.com/business/answer/7091?hl=en

Any advice to get my address to show properly and increase my visibility is welcomed. Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alissa D
March 2017

Re: Google Maps search issue

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Alissa D

Your listing is correctly set with the full address hidden. This is the appropriate way for a home-based business to be displayed so I would not change it. And even if you show your full address it wouldn't boost your rankings.

This article by Tim Capper provides more details about ranking factors and tips you can utilize: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Ranking-Factors-of-a-Google-Business-Page/ba-p/50...

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alissa D
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Alissa D

Your listing is correctly set with the full address hidden. This is the appropriate way for a home-based business to be displayed so I would not change it. And even if you show your full address it wouldn't boost your rankings.

This article by Tim Capper provides more details about ranking factors and tips you can utilize: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Ranking-Factors-of-a-Google-Business-Page/ba-p/50...

Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Google Maps search issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, Tom, I was unaware of the home business aspect. I will continue plugging away to better my SEO.

Google Maps search issue

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Self Promotions:

This self-promotional post has been archived by a Moderator. Please note that our Community Posting Guidelines ask that you do not promote any products or services here in the forum, even if related.

Repeated spam posts may result in suspension from this community forum.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You can archive my post, but why is it considered self-promotion? I was trying to ascertain why my address doesn't
show on google maps.

Thanks.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Sorry @Alissa D

That wasn't meant for you. Someone had added spam posts to your thread earlier and Helmut was removing them. His message was meant for them. Come back to the forum if you need help. :)

Google Maps search issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the clarification. :)