My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Maps not matching Google Business Account Location

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, our business was wrongly located when we did google map searches.  We signed up for the google business account, tried to fix the location by dragging the red needle to the correct location, getting a postcard in the mail, and confirming it was indeed we who dragged it to the correct new location.  It took a couple days but our location changed on the maps.  Now, however, it has changed back to the original position.  We logged into google business and it shows us in the correct location still, but that's not what the public sees when they google search us.

How can we get the real google maps to show our correct location?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

I would like to apologize for the lack of reply to your help inquiry. The Google My Business community has recently implemented several improvements that we hope will allow the proper care of help tickets here.

If you still have an issue that needs attention, please take a moment to review our Go-To Guides. These are carefully created to cover most issues someone may face and they provide unique solutions that are easy to implement.

If you have already found a solution, can you provide an update on how you solved your issue? If you are still in need, please do let us know.

Thank you for using Google My Business (GMB) to strengthen your online presence.

Kind Regards,

James

Re: Google Maps not matching Google Business Account Location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi James,

We live at 122 Best Road, Hartland Vermont where we operate Fat Sheep Farm
& Cabins.

We have two problems:

1) Google maps is convinced that 122 Best Road is in Windsor, not Hartland
(perhaps because the Windsor post office services Hartland). It's in
Hartland. It should be fixed.

2) The red point on google maps for 122 Best Road should be where your Fat
Sheep Farm & Cabins circle is and instead it is on our neighbor's house
which is set back from the road aways. While Fat Sheep Farm & Cabins is
now correctly located on the map, the red circle with dot appears
separately.

Thank you,

Todd Heyman

--
Fat Sheep Farm & Cabins
122 Best Road
Hartland, Vermont 05048
802-436-4696 <(802)%20436-4696>
email: info@fatsheepfarmvermont.com

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Todd,

Thanks for your reply and additional information. 

For the best accuracy, you would want to fix this issue. Please use the instructions below, which will only take 3-5 minutes to complete. 

Step 1: Go to Google Maps and enter your business name in the search field. After your incorrect location loads click ‘send feedback’ located at the bottom right of the map.

Step 2: Pick the best element presented, such as setting the Correct Google Map Marker Location.

Step 3: Submit the Problem to Google. Before clicking submit, double check that all information is correct and add a note if you like. When ready, simply click the ‘Submit’ button to report your map marker problem to Google. Google will then officially fix and update your location on the map and notify you via email once the problem is resolved. Please note that wait times may vary but in our situation the issue was resolved in 2 days.

Kind Regards,

James

Re: Google Maps not matching Google Business Account Location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have done that several times and just did it again. It said I should get
a reply soon. It has never changed the address from Windsor to Hartland.
It did move the business to the proper location but the address remains in
the wrong place. Thanks.

--
Fat Sheep Farm & Cabins
122 Best Road
Hartland, Vermont 05048
802-436-4696
email: info@fatsheepfarmvermont.com

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi,

You are very welcome. 

Please let us know what happens this go-around after you hear back... and then we can look at some other actions if it is not corrected. 

Kind Regards,

James