My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Maps keeps showing our old business address when searching for our business name

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Some of our customers that search for our business name on the Google Maps Mobile App are getting our old business address. 

The business name they search for is: "Australian Products Co."

It takes them to our old business address at: 

3680 Stevens Creek Boulevard, San Jose, CA

and our new business location is at: 

3828 stevens creek blvd

How can this issue be solved? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Maps keeps showing our old business address when searching for our business name

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I can't reproduce the issue. It is possible that they may have cached the old location and so are still seeing it come up. 

Have you seen them view the old listing on their phone - or are they just reporting this verbally to you? Have you seen it yourself? How long ago did you change the address? 

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, we are having this same issue for our London location. The person is someone who recently applied for a job with us and when she typed in our name to her phone, it populated our old location. Needless to say, she was sent on quite an adventure to come meet with us! The issue does't happen on desktop.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Alejandra R - can you post the name, new & old addresses, and a link to your business? I could not reproduce the issue with Australian Products Co.

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter