My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Maps Results Showing Preference for Address Showing?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi everyone! Have you guys been noticing that storefront businesses are being shown preference in Map searches? For example, "stained glass ft myers fl" brings up results that include unclaimed listings that are above Art & Glass Works Inc., though they are verified and optimized, but they are a service area business. Any insight?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Maps Results Showing Preference for Address Showing?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ashley B

That may not be a good example because Art & Glass Works Inc appears to have issues of its own that could be holding it back. It has a duplicate here: https://goo.gl/maps/9fLZMd6iD7J2

Plus, many of the citations for the business that I quickly found appear to be using a different address than what is being used on their GMB listing.

And even though they have a Fort Myers address they are pretty far south so the listings that are ahead of them have an advantage there too, in my opinion.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Google Maps Results Showing Preference for Address Showing?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks so much Tom! I've noticed it with a few different ones, but I completely didn't even see that dupe!