My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Maps Problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google maps is showing the back of my building with the incorrect address. the google listing has the correct address however the maps street view is incorrect. i have been suggesting corrections for the past 2 years and google still replies with a no reply email system saying that not enough information is being provided and to suggest another correction with more detail. frankly this is extremely frustrating as a business owner for something so simple as this to be deterring people from my business because it shows them the back of the building. 

Any suggestions on contacting google directly to explain the error since their no-reply system clearly cannot figure it out. 

I am wondering if someone can help me, apparently the driving directions are taking my business specifically as opposed to all the others to the back of the building. I tried moving my market to the parking lot so it would take people to the front parking lot. i was asked by a "treeble" to move it back exactly where my business is located.. so now the map directions are back to the BACK of the building. i would love to know who i can contact to get this problem resolved because apparently escalating it to google doesnt do anything except get you a no-reply email stating not enough information has been supplied to do anything.  WHY is my business in the plaza the only one that gets sent to the back of the building in google maps..

PLEASE help this has been an unresolved issue for 2 years 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Maps Problem

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
This issue is an incorrect access point for the business listing.
Please, provide the business name and address to escalate it to Google employees to get it foxed.
Thank you

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Healing Salt Cave
#12 - 6100 Thorold Stone Rd
Niagara Falls, Ontario
L2J 1A3

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I remember this issue, sorry I did not follow up earlier.
The marker is back in the middle of the parking lot.
Please, move it back on top of the business location and give me a chance to escalate the matter to Google employees.
No matter how many times you move the marker around chances are it is not going to change the Street View access point, that can be fixed only by Google employees but I want them to see the business marker in the correct location, not in the middle of the parking lot.
Thank you

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Thank you for moving the marker to the correct location.
I will escalate the matter to Google employees.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you

Google Maps Problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, How quickely can things like this be escalated to google employees? The driving directions are still taking you to the back of the building. I had 2 customers actually show up to the back of the building in just one week. Luckily I was unloading things from my car and could direct them to the Correct Access Point otherwise i would have lost their business as they would not have been able to find the business. If there is anything I can do to escalate this matter quicker it would be much appreciated if you could let me know. 

Google Maps Problem

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

I was informed that the driving directions have been corrected.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I can see that they have been redirected to the parking lot and to the correct area of the building.  How long do you think before the street view gets updated as it is still showing the back of the building? 

Sent from my Bell Samsung device over Canada's largest network.

Google Maps Problem

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

It usually takes a couple of days but since it did not happen yet I will bump the escalation.