My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Maps Listing Not Showing up for Brand Term and Business Name

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I added a business listing to Google My Business recently and got it verified through a postal mail, the map listing was appearing on google search result page for the registered business name (Flinto Learning Solutions and Flinto Learning Solutions Pvt. Ltd.), I changed the name of the business in the listing from Flinto Learning Solutions Pvt. Ltd. (registered business name) to Flintobox (brand name) to make it appear for the brand name.

Now, It isn't appearing for both the brand term and the registered business name in the past few days. I verified the business on December 16th, 2015.

Here is a link to G+ Local page - https://plus.google.com/110320285096016940489/posts

Please let me know how I can make the local map listing appear for both the brand name and the registered business name when searched on Google.co.in.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Maps Listing Not Showing up for Brand Term and Business Nam

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey,

Review on your Google My Business page is the write answer, so ask your clients, friends & other Circle friends to right some positive review with 4 & 5 stars to your brand.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Brian,

Thanks for the quick reply and tips. Is there any other possibility why this might have happened.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I would also add a link to your business page >> https://plus.google.com/110320285096016940489/about

In your contact page >> http://flintobox.com/contact

Under phone number you could add >> Location: Google Map

Or add an embed map

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m18!1m12!1m3!1d3888.579392531273!2d80.22888331482166!3d12.934732990880024!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x3a525c57c6920675%3A0x885249adf76a2332!2sFlintobox!5e0!3m2!1sen!2suk!4v1451994213058" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This way on the contact page, Google makes the connection with the full business name as listed on contact page

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi all, sorry to jump in but @Amit Y please don't follow @Brian Nibiru 's advice re reviews. You should ONLY ask people who've actually done business with you leave a review, not your family / friends / Google circles.

If you ask people who've not done business with you to leave a review you are breaking Google's guidelines and you may end up being reported / penalised which means your page will continue to stay hidden!

In addition to @Tim Capper's advice, I noticed that you are a subscription based business - sending out education boxes to children (which is a great idea!). Do customers actually come to your business location or is that simply your headquarters? If customers don't come to your location then you should not list the full address on your Google business page.

To remove the full address you need to edit the address details in your dashboard and only check the box that says you serve customers at their location. 

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Amit,

google take some days to changes your listing after edit any section google verified as per guidelines, then shown in listing, So please wait and watch. if they not approved send a message via email.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Priya,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions, customers do not come to our business place, its our workplace or headquarters. I am still not able to find the maps on the right side of the search when I search for our brand name "Flintobox", please help me on this.
https://www.google.co.in/search?q=flintobox

However I can find it when I search for "+flintobox" and some of the other combination of brand terms, can you let me know why this happens.