My Business
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Map listing may be compromised, please help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have had several customers that have told me when they have gone to my google listing on maps and close out of the listing, another locksmith company calls them back and tries to get there business. I have had several customers tell me this and they, as well as I am, are concerned if they were hacked or is my sight hacked. I had my wife click on my google map listing from her phone and it happened to her. Some other locksmith company called her back and asked what her need was for a locksmith. I asked a series of questions only to be cursed at and could not get a name of the company that was calling. but the people did sound foreign. How is this happening? what can I do to fix it? how is this even possible? PLEASE help, this is costing me money and customers.

Re: Google Map listing may be compromised, please help

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Dee R

It's a bit hard to be sure, but it's sounds possibly like someone could have created a Google My Business page in your business name.

Can you provide a bit of additional information so myself or someone else from the community can assist further?

1. Your business name
  2. Your website URL
  3. The URL of the competitors Google Business listing (if you know it)