My Business
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Map Listing Query

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

removed.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Map Listing Query

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey @Brooks L

It looks like the business that appears to be filtering you out is the place across the street - Functinoal Chiropractic and Laser. Can you confirm that you see them on the list?

In looking at some of the very basic things you could do, I would suggest deleting your 2 other categories leaving only "Chiropractor".  I've seen evidence of category dillution which sometimes happens if Google isn't 100% certain what type of business you are.

I think rehabilitation center (a category you have) is really used mostly for drug rehab or other similar addictions. Vitamin & Supplements Store similarily is similarily used for retail chains that sell tons of health stuff.

I would try that and wait a couple days. Let me know what happens (if anything).

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Google Map Listing Query

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I couldn't reproduce the same thing you're seeing but did you see either of these 2 in the results? They are other listings that exist at that address.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/McGraw+Chiropractic+Rehab%2F+Acupuncture/@44.7967969,-93.5103892,19...

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Dustin+P+Campion+DC,+ART/@44.7968389,-93.5106134,19z/data=!4m8!1m2!...

Owner of Sterling Sky

Google Map Listing Query

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

According to the website for these guys, they appear to have moved. Can you confirm? I can update the listing and that's one less you have to compete with. If they're the one you are seeing, it might even get you unfiltered.

Owner of Sterling Sky

Google Map Listing Query

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

K I updated the listing so we'll see if that helps. As far as why the other guy outranks you, there isn't a way for me to answer that with any confidence without spending a couple hours analyzing what he's doing SEO-wise and comparing it to you. 

If you are seeing both of those listings for Dustin (Both his practitioner and his practice listing) together in the search results, I could ask Google to combine them since he is a solo practitioner and should only have 1 page total. This might cause yours to become unfiltered.

Let me know in a few days if you see any changes.

Owner of Sterling Sky