My Business
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Map Listing Duplicates

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It seems like Google is creating a map listing for our business that is unverified even though we have a verified account. Our business is Challenger Industries, Inc but when I search generally for Challenger Industries, it's pulling up a map listing that we haven't created or verified.

I've attempted to remove this listing so that only our verified account will show, but it's not deleting. I know our customers are not going to specifically search Challenger Industries, Inc to see the correct listing.

I have attempted to request a verification code for Challenger Industries (the incorrect listing), and then I assume I can merge the two? Google will not let me resolve the duplicate address without both accounts being verified. 

Has anyone else had this issue and know what's going on? I thought I resolved this months ago. I have attached photos of both of the map listings. At this point, besides waiting and hoping that I get a postcard, I have no idea what to do. It took me months to receive a postcard to verify the account that is correct, as it is. Does anyone have words of wisdom?

correct map listing.PNGincorrect map listing.PNG

Google Map Listing Duplicates

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Have you tried to call and talk to Google My Business on the phone?  I would suggest you call them and tell them the issue, they might be able to do something on their end.  Call (844)491-9665