My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Map Description is wrong

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have control of the Google My Business page and have updated the information there about my restaurant.  However, I see that on Google Maps the sentence description about my restaurant says it is a BYOB restaurant, which it is not.  When I click on the Edit map data icon, it asks you to make input on edits for address, hours of operation, tel. etc, but does not give any option for editing the single sentence blurb that describes the business, and this is where the error exists.  Any one have an idea how to modify that?

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Map Description is wrong

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
in my Google My Business page, when I hit the button to "Edit" the business info, with hours and all that, there is a field for me called "Introduction." might help to change that?? I'm no expert.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Keith S

This is called an editorial summary, which Google creates based upon information from other sites around the web.

To report an incorrect one:

http://onlineownership.com/report-incorrect-summary-terms-google-business-pages/

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, Tim! I did follow the submission process, and hopefully Google
will respond with the correct update. Thanks for your help.