My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Knowledge Panel shows a website when we don't have one!

N/A
# 1
N/A

Hello

When we search for our shop "The Orange Grove" the Google information panel shows a website. We do not have a website. The link goes to the website of a competitor of ours!!!

We have tried to edit this but it keeps coming back, how do we have this removed permanently?

The Orange Grove

26 Bingley Rd, Saltaire BD18 4RS
01274 595005

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

using a redirect checker it tells me the website attacked to the listing 

http://www.orangegroveshop.co.uk 
is 301 Moved Permanently to
http://www.strawberryfields-fruitandveg.co.uk/

can you provide a screen grab showing me you have not at all specified in your dashboard of the verified listing "The Orange Grove" either of both above URLs?

N/A
# 3
N/A

Hello Mr Geissler,

Thank you for your response.

As far as we are aware we have not done anything to make the Google information panel appear, we do not have a dashboard and we had to make this Google account so we could post on this forum.

The edit that I have mentioned is the one where you click suggest an edit in the information panel and then delete the website address.

This is why we are lost trying to get the website to be permanently removed, we didn't put any of the information there on the information panel it just appeared!

The Orange Grove
26 Bingley Rd, Saltaire BD18 4RS
01274 595005

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

There might be a little confusion or missunderstanding on oyur end.

What appears on the right side as "knowledge panel" appears for the most local businesses.

Its not importing having it claimed or not and managing or not in in your dashboard.

The point is slightly a different one

the "knowledge panel" for "The Orange Grove" is based on a listing and someone claimed this  listing with the address "26 Bingley Rd, Saltaire BD18 4RS, UK" in his dashboard 

I have no clue why and how he did this.

But he is controlling the most of the content of the "knowledge panel" for "The Orange Grove" is based on a listing and someone claimed this  listing with the address "26 Bingley Rd, Saltaire BD18 4RS, UK" as well as teh content of this GMaps listing https://goo.gl/maps/CHVsZhkUAGR2.

The only option to get the listing controlled by you is to apply this procedure 

Someone else verified my business

Once this is achieved you can replace or delete the website as well.