My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Insights - Difference between "How customers search" and "Where customers view ..."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

on the Google Insights page, what is the difference between the "How customers search ..." graph and "Where customers view ..."? I think that these two numbers should be the same ...

Every help is appreciated ...

Best regards,

Klaus

Insights.png

Google Insights - Difference between "How customers search" and "Where customers view ..."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was just wondering the same thing when i checked the Insights few minutes ago, i believe that the "how customers" is about what the customers searched for to find your business, whether it's by searching for your name or your address directly or by searching for a product or service you provide. 

The "Where" is where did they find your business, is it by using the main Google search or through searching in Google Map...i guess...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your explanation.

But that means that both numbers should be the same. "How ..." tells me if the search by name, category or product/service. And "Where" is about the Google channel they are using ...