My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Images...

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a small Art business, where we sell art prints to the public.  This is our main source of income.  Yesterday, a very kind person called us and said that he had found an image of ours on google images and downloaded to his computer.  His attention, was to send the image to a service company to print a large size of the image.  However, he felt it was wrong to do, without asking our permission first. We were very impressed with this person for his honesty and integrity, thereby we gave him permission.

We were shocked to hear, that someone can just download our image and print it - thereby taking away our business. Then we also found out, that our images are on Pintrest as well!

We are desperate in finding out, what we can do to save our source of income?  

We wouldn't mind, if the file size on Google Image and Printerest were a very low resolution, so that no-one can print them.  In addition, if when clicked will go to our site for our business. If not, how do we delete them?

Can someone, that is knowledgeable please help us?  I would prefer communicating through a private email (see below) verses posting to everyone in the world.

Thank You, very much!

David Roth

<edited to remove personal email and phone>

Please note, this post has been edited by a Community Manager to remove personal information.

Re: Google Images...

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi David,
I totally understand where you are coming from here! I'm sending you a link that gives you steps to prevent an image from appearing in search results. I would read this first https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/35308?hl=en this tells you how. Now I understand you may be confused and not know what a robots.txt file is. No worries read this https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6062608?hl=en After reading those you will now see that, yes it can be done and how to do it. You will need access to Google Search Console. If you have access to Google Search Console you just need to go to the robots.txt tester. Let me know if you have access then I can give you some more guidance. This is the simplest how-to I can find https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6062596?hl=en
Keep me posted,
Kyle

Re: Google Images...

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My apologize for not getting back to you sooner. It is a little bit, over my understanding on how to delete the large images.
Someone, pointed out to us, that in Google, one can ask for large images under Chava Roth. When they show, it tells you also where the large files originated from. For example, we saw that a number of the large images came from Amazon, beacuse years ago, I opened a sellers account with Amazon, and that time gave them large files to display. Just a few days ago, I deleted all inventory (jpegs) from Amazon. Questions now is, will the large files go away from Google Images? If not, is there a way, I can just delete them from Google Images?

Thank You, so much, for your interest in helping us!

David Roth
<edited to remove phone number>

Please note, this post has been edited, per Community Guidelines, to remove contact information.