My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Has Suspended Page Due To Quality Issues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Myself and my team manage a number of locksmith franchises throughout the US. In February, all GMB pages were suspended due to quality issues. We have all reached out to Google numerous times to resolve the matter, but all we hear is that the issue is being escalated and have heard nothing back for 3 months.

So far, we have tried to use the "Get Help" tab for each of them and have received an email back saying that something is incorrect on the page like the phone number, which is, in fact, correct. We tried getting new forwarding numbers for the businesses and the pages were reinstated briefly and suspended again.

Attached are screenshots of one of the Flying Locksmith franchises in Cary, NC. Each location has unique introductions, photos, and hours set 8-5 (although actual hours can exceed that given the nature of the industry). You can view The Flying Locksmiths in Cary G+ listing here: https://plus.google.com/b/111877623421032725125/+TheFlyingLocksmithsCary/posts?gmbpt=true&pageId=111...

Looking forward to your insights!

Screen Shot 2016-05-10 at 9.27.19 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-10 at 9.14.21 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-10 at 9.14.11 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-10 at 9.13.39 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-10 at 9.13.02 AM.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Has Suspended Page Due To Quality Issues

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Gordon P

Looking at the page, I think it may be the address even though you are using serviced area settings.

Google may have found something suspicious with the address or other addresses, for example the address in Largo has other businesses in the same suite.

So one page may have tripped all the other pages in the account.

I am going to see if we can get an indication

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Quick Question, whilst we see what we can find out.

I assume all business licences are at those corresponding addresses ?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Tim,

I am not sure about all of the franchises, but you don't need a business license in NC apparently.

Per your address change suggestion for suites, is "suite" in place of "#" better?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Gordon P

The business must have some form of business documentation, liability insurance, vehicle insurance, business rates, tax etc.

There is no preference : suite or # are treated the same by Gbot

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I think this is another unique issue. My client sent over a memorandum from the local government stating the following about a recently passed Senate Bill:

" ... a city's authority tax is limited to businesses that have a 'physical location' within the city's limits. A business does not have a physical location if its presence in that city is through the performance of services or through the dispatch of employees to perform work, deliver goods, collect payments, or take orders... According to our records, your business does not have a physical location within town limits and is no longer required to have a privilege license with us."

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

So you are saying what ?

That the business does not have a physical presence in the town and if they don't have a physical presence in the town then they are not eligible for a google business page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The business does have a physical location, as the photos show above, but the government does not define them as having a physical location because they dispatch employees by car to commercial businesses and residents. Therefore, since the government does not view them as having a physical location, the franchisee does not require the traditional business license.

So, in regards to your question as to whether the franchise has a business license to its corresponding address, it appears not since the nature of the business does not qualify by their legal definition of a physical location.

A little confusing, I know... but I'm working with the document that was provided to me.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
In an effort to make things a little clearer, customers can come directly to the business, but since its a locksmith business, most call and the employee drives to the customers location for whatever service is needed.

If you were locked out of your car for example, you could call and they would unlock it. The customer wouldn't come to the office. However, key duplication and other services can be performed in person at the business.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello, Friend,

I recently sat in a conversation with some folks at Google My Business. This talk was designed at getting business owners on the Google Map. One of their talking points was that Google was going to start cleaning their servers of businesses that had not been "verified" on Google Maps. In a quick search of your business in Cary, NC I see the listing in Google Search. Within that listing os "Own this business". That tells me the business has not yet been verified. My suggestion is to search for your business, click that "Own this business?" link, and follow the prompts that Google has in place.

They will send a verification code to your businesses address, and when you receive that code you just go back into Google My Business, enter the code, and then you should be good to go. Verifying your business should prevent Google from removing business listings in the future.

I sure hope this helps! Let me know if there is anything else that I can do.

Happy Googling,

Paul