My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Directory Listing and Check Page Rank - Different Information Reflecting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,  

Check Page Rank shows that my site is not registered in the Google Directory, but when I look, it seems as if it is as there is one published when I look at this link:  https://business.google.com/manage/#/edit/l/16562297714614000647

There also is a suspended link, which is for the exact same company - all that happened is that I moved to a new address and followed the verification process.  Here is the link for the suspended link:  https://business.google.com/manage/?hl=en&ppsrc=GMBLS&gmbsrc=za-ww-z-z-z-gmb-l-z-d~mhp-rs3_ros_si-u&...

I was under the impression that the suspended link gets removed once the verification is complete.  Is it possible that the suspended link is causing that Page Rank shows that I don't have a listing? Could this affect my page ranking in general?

What do I need to do - if anything - to fix this?

Warm regards,

Charlinda

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Charlinda B

Firstly... a bit curious why so much weight is being placed on 'Check Page Rank' in this case?

It's reliability as a highly weighted ranking signal seems questionable at best and various circles have been discussing the death of PageRank in general since 2014 or so.

It's probably best to go to the source and rely on what Google itself (and your own observations of course) are presenting about the listings over a third party tool.

On that... unfortunately both the links you've provided resolve to 'location not found' for me.

So, I'm sorry I can't help further :(

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello @Mark W,

Thank you so much for your response.

Can you tell I'm new to this scene?  :)

When I google Charlinda Byrd, the business listing does show to the right, so I guess it is all ok.

I appreciate your response!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Great to hear that and I'm glad I was able to help @Charlinda B :)