AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google+ Custom URL on New Google+?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do you claim a custom URL under the new Google+? The current help page is for the old Google+, and I couldn't find anything on this in the new Google+ help section.

The page in question is already verified, if that's a prerequisite. 

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jena F
August 2016

Re: Google+ Custom URL on New Google+?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jena F

You can't create it, Google will offer one to you when the account is in good standing order.

You will notice when it gets offered to you, there will be a large banner across your dashboard when you log in.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jena F
August 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jena F

You can't create it, Google will offer one to you when the account is in good standing order.

You will notice when it gets offered to you, there will be a large banner across your dashboard when you log in.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had the same problem - the banner appeared, I used the instructions, and had problems (the URL wouldn't work because Google doesn't like the browser on my iPhone, and then I got a 404 error after I had emailed the link to myself so I could open it on my desktop). I was hoping the help page would, well, help. Or at least give a link to troubleshooting.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Bob O

Best to claim custom URL in desktop, clear cache and cookies.

Dashboard >> https://business.google.com/manage/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I got notification from google , like get your custom URL but when i click on it get error for create Profile and I have already a profile. i m managing multiple location from one account.

Custom URL   Google error .pngMasumin Printways   Stationers Ltd   Google .png

Error getting and no any action button here now

Custom URL   Google error .png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I got notification from google , like get your custom URL but when i click on it get error for create Profile and I have already a profile. i m managing multiple location from one account.

Custom URL   Google error .pngMasumin Printways   Stationers Ltd   Google .png

Error getting and no any action button here now

Custom URL   Google error .png

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Info H

Try going into your actual account dashboard >> https://business.google.com/manage/

Then go to G+ that way

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem. There is no way to get it to work. Even when you're signed into your email or your brand account it still looks exactly like that and does not let you proceed.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Very weird guys. I have never seen the screen look like this. Can you both let me know what Browser you are using and what version, so it can be checked.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having the exact same problem as Info H.  When I click to claim the custom URL, I'm being asked to set up a profile, even though it's a branded account for a business.  So the things it's requesting are first/last name, DoB, etc, which are all irrelevant to a business.  It's also auto populated the names with "Marketing"!  I'm accessing it in Chrome.  I also tried using the account dashboard link you put up above and it just redirects to https://business.google.com/manage/#/list and gives me the option to import locations!  I'm at an absolute loss.  I've searched forums, articles, Google help pages, and I can't find any way to resolve this.  Did any of you manage to figure this out?