My Business
3K members online now
3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Changing Business Addresses cannot fix

N/A
# 1
N/A

Solstice Berry Farm, correct address is 29250 Range Road 34, Crossfield, Alberta T0M0S0, 403-946-4059

Address has been correct for well over a year but somehow was changed in the past few months.  Alerted by a very lost customer!  We corrected it and when we log in it is still correct and indicates that it was published, but when you Google our business, it comes up with an invalid address and the pin is in the wrong place.  Need help to fix this issue.  Anyone?  Cheers!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Google Changing Business Addresses cannot fix

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
I didn't noticed it appearing twice.
But the support should be able to merge both if being at the same location.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey  Solstic farm

I believe your issue is caused by an GMaps addressing issue rather then by GoogleMyBusiness.

And to get your business related  issue solved it is necessary do describe and fix the GMaps addressing issue at first.

ok here we go:

Lets do a plain address search for the  address specified by you in your start thread: "29250 Range Road 34, Crossfield, Alberta T0M0S0" with GoogleMaps

Doing it we get from GMaps (and btw from MapMaker also) this address: "29250 34, 11 Range Rd, Crossfield, AB T0M 0S0"

This discrepancy between "29250 Range Road 34, Crossfield, Alberta T0M0S0" and "29250 34, 11 Range Rd, Crossfield, AB T0M 0S0" is what we get if searching for your business too:

Screenshot 2016-01-25 at 18.52.08.png

Can you please provide a screen capture showing what address and how located you the marker for the farm in your dashboard?

N/A
# 3
N/A
Sorry I can't seem to get the clipboard to paste the image here... Placed it on the Clipboard in SnagIt and it won't paste. Any other options to share with you? Much appreciated, believe me!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
don't use the clipboard to enter images in here. Use the Forums "Full editor" and over there the photo icon to include imagery. You get the Forums "Full editor" after clicking in the webversion of the forum the reply button and then below the two blue buttoms the link "FULL REPLY EDITOR" An other option would be uploading the images to to a public website and linking the images here.

N/A
# 5
N/A
Hi Helmut, I resorted to making a telephone call and they were able to correct the address over the phone. Still unsure about the pin location but we will give it 24-48 hrs to see if things are finally resolved and will call back if there are further problems. One thing I do see happening is that our business comes up twice in Google Maps, both with incorrect addresses! Can these be cleaned up (removed) if I request so over the telephone? It just adds to the confusion as we are a rural business and the distances shown by these 2 incorrect addresses & pins are many miles. Would love to hear your thoughts.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
I didn't noticed it appearing twice.
But the support should be able to merge both if being at the same location.