My Business
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Business updates are incorrect and won't stop

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there. 

I'm having an issue with Google Updates. We have 7 published locations, and every day I'm getting the same Google Updates on 4 of the locations. These Google Updates are incorrect, they are trying to add services that we don't provide (notably repair services). Every day I have to go in an manually discard these updates, but they are back again the next day. This has been happening for 3 weeks now, so now I want to know how to disable Google Updates for my locations.

I have spoken via phone to Google My Business support twice about this, both times they have been singularly unhelpful and told me they don't know anything about Google Updates. All they could do was link me to the Google Updates info page (which I have read multiple times and doesn't contain useful info for my situation) and tell me to post here in the hopes that someone from Google would respond with the info.

Appreciate any help on this, thanks in advance.

Business: digiDIRECT

Business address (Melbourne location): 217 Elizabeth St, Melbourne, Australia, 3000

Phone number (Melbourne location): 039670 6901

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Business updates are incorrect and won't stop

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The best tactic is to accept the auto updates one time and then go in an manually change the updated information back to the correct information to override their updating. This should both stop the updating and leave you with the correct information.