AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Business "Reviews from the Web" Incorrect Facebook

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our business has the wrong face book account post on it under "Reviews From The Web" It only shows up in Internet Explorer, and does not show up in Google Chrome. Our business name is the same for this other business, but it is a different company in a different location. Our business name and address are: The Maintenance Company, Inc. 8286 Cleveland Ave NW, North Canton, OH 44720.Phone: 800-309-8857, website: www.themaintco.com

The incorrect facebook link that shows up on Google business search and Google Maps is: The Maintenance Company from Elyria, Ohio.

Please help us un-link this facebook page from our Google Search/ Google Maps

Google Maps URL: https://www.google.com/maps/place/The+Maintenance+Company,+Inc/@40.906265,-81.4061976,17z/data=!4m5!...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @TMC S

It looks like this issue has been corrected now as I can't see any FB reviews linked to your business: https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=The+Maintenance+Comp...

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Re: Google Business "Reviews from the Web" Incorrect Facebook

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Priya, We have the same problem.

1) Our WebSite www.placershopsexshop.com.ar
2) Searching in Google.com.ar with Chrome and when we are logged with google account
3) in this url https://www.google.com.ar/search?q=placershop&oq=placershop+&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60l5.1568j0j7&sour...
4) The Google "Review from the web" suggest, put another Facebook account of another bussiness with similar name, with different address and 1000km distance.
5) Our Facebook account is inside of our Webpage.
I dont underestand why google take only the similar name, but don't check from our facebook that is inside in our webpage and have the same address..
6) We can't modifiy it manually.

7) Our Address is Lavalle 663, ZipCode: C1047AAM - City: CABA - Argentina

image.png

Thank you.

Pablo Britos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are having a similar problem only it seems to be only on my mobile device. If you Google "Bend Assist2Sell" on your mobile device and scroll down to Reviews From the Web and click on the Facebook hyperlink it goes to the old owners FB page that has been inactive since 2015. Our correct FB is embedded in our webpage and it goes to the correct FB page everywhere else except here. I have literally clicked through everything in both the desktop and mobile version of my business and I don't see anywhere that I can change this. I can ask the past owner to delete his business FB page but then what will it link to? Nothing? HELP! 

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Assist 2 S - Can you start a new post with business details so we can take a look?