3.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Business multiple locations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a site with two brick and mortar locations, there are two different therapists one for each location.  There has been a vaguely named business name only mentioning one therapist who is the owner.  Should we stick with the account that has been around for many years or create a new business account for each location with that specific therapist name attached.

I have set up a new site with a home page and then location pages that are children of the main home page.  My thought is to keep the established google business name that has been on google business for years and since I have created url structures that include a path to the location and then another level for the individual therapist is the best solution regarding SEO

Its hard to find a conclusive answer on this.  Thanks so much in advance for your help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gregory L
January

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Wow, thanks, James.  The name of the business as far as google business is concerned is "Dr. Adeline Tryon & Associates, The Child & Family Center"  213 W Main St #205, Salisbury, MD 21801 (410) 860-5667 https://www.tryontherapy.com/

The problem is James, Dr. Tryon is actually in the other location.  The name associated with this address is actually Dr. Scott.

View solution in original post

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Spending a few minutes reading Google's Guidelines for business owners should answer your questions. In particular, the lines:

Your name should reflect your business’ real-world name, as used consistently on your storefront, website, stationery, and as known to customers. Accurately representing your business name helps customers find your business online.

And 

If a practitioner is the only public-facing practitioner at a location and represents a branded organization, it's best for the practitioner to share a listing with the organization. Create a single listing, named using the following format: [brand/company]: [practitioner name].

Acceptable: "Allstate: Joe Miller" (if Joe is the sole public-facing practitioner at this Allstate-branded location)

It would be hard to give more detailed information without know more about your business. What is the name, address, phone, and website of the locations? If you're comfortable submitting that, I'd be happy to take a closer look.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gregory L
January

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Wow, thanks, James.  The name of the business as far as google business is concerned is "Dr. Adeline Tryon & Associates, The Child & Family Center"  213 W Main St #205, Salisbury, MD 21801 (410) 860-5667 https://www.tryontherapy.com/

The problem is James, Dr. Tryon is actually in the other location.  The name associated with this address is actually Dr. Scott.

Highlighted

Re: Google Business multiple locations

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Yep, looks like there's some cleanup work to do. What's the official DBA? Google sees government records as well, so the name should match everything all across the board. Between the two locations, here's the names I was able to find in 5 minutes of searching. I found these names in business profiles on Yellow Pages Online, Yelp, and other sites like that. 

Child & Family Psychological
Tryon Adeline DR Psychologist
Adeline Tryon DR
The Child & Family Center
Adeline Tryon Dr Psychologist
Dr. Adeline Tryon & Associates, The Child & Family Center

One of Google's ranking signals is how trustworthy the information is online. What they see on the site should match what they see in government records, their Google My Business listing, Yelp, and a few dozen other directories that Google's decided is important. They call those 'citations'. It's worth it to correct the listings on at least the most important citation directories. 

My guess is the official DBA is The Child & Family Center. It's the way the website's branded at least. What do the street signs say?

If The Child & Family Center is the real business name, you basically have two options. 

You could either brand both locations as The Child & Family Center, and leave it at that, 

or you can brand one The Child & Family Center: Dr. Adeline Tryon, and the other The Child & Family Center: Dr.Samantha Scott.

The main reason to not use Dr Scott's name, is to keep things easier if she ever leaves to go work somewhere else, or if you ever bring on a second practitioner to either location. In either case you'd need to change the business name on Google, and (if you clean up the other citations around the web) you'll need to update all the citations again too. 

Also, I found two business listings for the 111 S West St location, you'll want to ask GMB support on twitter to merge them together. Here are the two listings:

https://www.google.com/maps?cid=7776417285707803710
https://www.google.com/maps?cid=12388839295032397023

The top listing is the 'real' one, the bottom one is an unclaimed listing for the doctor. Since she's the only practitioner on location, you're allowed to have them merged.

Let me know if any of that doesn't make sense. 

Experts in the Topic
james w