My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Business marker does not display

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Here is my business information:

1. Goodstudy Tutoring

2. 3216 Yonge Street, 2nd floor, Toronto, ON, M4N 2L2

3. 647-348-4663 (Canada)

Hoping someone can help me with this. Ever since I verified my business a year ago, I have not had a marker display on Google Maps. I see that other businesses have their markers, but mine does not.

When I log into my account, only then does my business have a marker, BUT it is not a true marker. Instead, it is a grey marker with a white flag, and it doesn't look like everyone else's markers.

In the same building as the building my business is located in, there are two other businesses: For The Win cafe and Panda Mandarin language programs. They have markers. Below is a photo where I am logged out. As you can see, I have no marker whatsoever:

1.png

Next, is a photo when I am logged in. I have a marker, but it is not like the other markers for the other businesses:

2.png

I spoke to a Google Business rep on the phone, and she seems to think that me having a marker is based on improving my "ranking", and performing frequent updates to my Google Business page. Is it true that in order to get my very own marker, I need to frequently make new updates and get a ton of reviews? For some reason I am not convinced that I need to update my Google Business page constantly in order to get a spot on the map. Could it have something to do with the two other businesses that share my location? Because we all essentially share the same address of 3216 Yonge Street.

Any input into this would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if you need any more information from me.

Thank you.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Eugene A

You can to update yours Google+ page, add photos

Please read about Place labels on Google Maps   and Improve your local ranking on Google    Can’t find your business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Oleg,

Thanks for the response. I see that some other businesses do not update their Google Plus page, and have 0 reviews, but they are still have a place label on Google Maps. I have more reviews and more updates than these other businesses. But how come they have a place label and I do not?

Thank you.