My Business
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Business Page Suspended & Unable to Get Verification.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Our company, SR Painting has been servicing the San Diego for over 15 years. Attempted to verify page through postcard multiple times however it never arrived. Checked account today and it says suspended due to quality issues. Need assistance with retracting the suspension of the listing and being verified as soon as possible.

Listing Info:

315 S Coast Hwy 101 #136, Encinitas, CA 92024

(858) 945-7059

Google Link: https://www.google.com/maps/place/SR+Painting/@33.0485332,-117.2959619,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0...

Thanks,

Jesse

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Jesse S

This would be because the address you are using for your business belongs to a UPS Store which is a violation of Google's rules:

Use a precise, accurate address to describe your business location. PO Boxes or mailboxes located at remote locations are not acceptable.

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@JoyHawkins

Thanks for the response! In addition, we  urrently have three duplicates, only of which one is "suspended"? I have updated the addresses on all of them to describe my business correctly. Can I delete the suspended listing along with another duplicate to leave one listing? The suspended listing does not say if it's verified or not, however the two other duplicates both have labels indicating they are unverified.

Thanks!

Jesse

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Jesse S I still see your listing using the UPS Store address?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/SR+Painting,+315+S+Coast+Hwy+101+%23136,+Encinitas,+CA+92024/@33.0...

Can you list the other listings you're referring to.

Owner of Sterling Sky

Re: Google Business Page Suspended & Unable to Get Verification.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@JoyHawkins

It seems every time I hit the "claim this business" link, it creates a new listing. So there are currently three listings under one email address, and four under another from our business. Couldn't find individual links, but here's what I'm seeing for one of the email addresses. The bottom one is suspended I believe. Updated the listing you linked to so we are no longer listed as doing business from that location.

Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 9.37.22 AM.png

Thank you for your patience in resolving this,

Jesse

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Jesse S you can remove the first 2 from your dashboard. For the 3rd one, this is the one you need to claim. You're planning on using your home address, correct? I might need to get you assistance with this because I don't think it's going to allow you to claim the listing and change the address at the same time.

Owner of Sterling Sky