My Business
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Business Locations coming from a source that we didn't provide

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

I am working on a project with my team to sync Google locations with our business locations that we have in Oracle.

My Lead demonstrated that there are locations in Google for our business that are coming from a source that we didn't provide.

I am having trouble finding the solution for this issue. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you
1 Expert replyverified_user

Google scraping locations from locations.dressbarn.com

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I just posted a question about locations on Google Maps that we didn't source.

There is one more question I have though.  It seems google is scraping locations from our public facing locations.dressbarn.com

we don't necessarily want to get rid of these locations because we don't want to loose user feedback of our stores but we want to make sure our locations are synced with our Oracle db and for that we will need to use Google MyBusiness API.  Unfortunately there is no option to claim all of these businesses for our Dressbarn Google MyBusiness Account.  I was hoping there would be some way to coordinate with google to link these locations to our Google MyBusiness Account but I am having trouble finding out how or if there is anyone I can contact for this. Thank you :)

Re: Google scraping locations from locations.dressbarn.com

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Note:

I merge your two started threads in to one.

and yes Google usually is gathering listings from any source - creating mostly kind of unverified shell pages.

However I'm not sure about your issue.
You can create a bulk feed of all your business locations and submit it to a recently created GoogleMyBusiness "Business accout"
(refer to
https://support.google.com/business/answer/6085339?hl=en
and
https://support.google.com/business/answer/3217744?hl=en)

Re: Google scraping locations from locations.dressbarn.com

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Brad,

I would be happy to help you. I work at Yext and can walk you through the steps on how this can be done. You can email me at Justin@yext.com or call me at 203-246-3243.

Best,