My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Section is blank in "My Business" (verified account)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I look at My Business (it's a verified account) i see insights detail and youtube detail but the google analytics section is blank and throws an error (404) when i click on it.  I do have a google analytics account that works fine for my website but on this page it's blank.  any ideas?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

They need to be in the same account with the exact same URL: 

https://support.google.com/business/answer/4708936?hl=en

Though, if it isn't connected, it should hardly send you to a 404 (the URL goes to /null for me). That's a bug, which should be fixed. 

@Marissa_GMB might want to escalate if not already known.

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks Joel.

From the link you provided:

<It’s important that the website you provide on your Google My Business listing exactly matches the one in your Analytics property. For example, if your Analytics property gives you ownership rights to www.example.com/blog, but you’ve listed www.example.com as your primary website on Google My Business listing, we won’t be able to match your Analytics property with your listing.>

all that looks good on my analytics account (exacts same URL with https:// on both).   my fear is that i may have put in the wrong analytics ID when I setup MyBusiness (i don't remember if it asked me for an analytics ID but if it did i don't see where i can change it on the my business settings).

I'm confused by step 4 <Visit Google My Business on desktop or the Google My Business app and choose the listing you selected in step 2 to see analytics for the website you’ve listed.>   I don't see where I can 'choose the listing i selected in step 2'.