My Business
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Google 3pack

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I got dropped off from the 3-pack for "web design stamford ct" and "website designer stamford ct". I have been showing in the 3-pack for a long time and yesterday, GONE!! My website is WebDezineIt.com Also, when I search "web dezine it" nothing shows up. Thank you in advance for any help!

Web Dezine It

3043 High Ridge Road

Stamford, CT

T:(203) 329-8878

https://plus.google.com/+Webdezineit

Catherine

2 Expert replyverified_user

Google 3pack

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Catherine S

You have THREE businesses at that address using that same phone number. That will not only cause problems, it could eventually lead to your listings getting suspended. And the location appears to be a residential address so you should set your listing as a service area business. Here's how to do that: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038163?hl=en

Whiner and Diner looks like an online business so you should probably just have the one listing for Web Dezine It. How do you answer the phone when someone calls your business phone number anyway?

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Google 3pack

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your reply. I answer the phone "Catherine Simms speaking"...

Whiner and Diner is an online shop, Web Dezine It is a home based business and Black Remodeling is my husband business, which for whom I thought I had his cel phone. He doesn't have an office address so what I am supposed to use for an address? Thank you so much for your help. Catherine

Google 3pack

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Catherine S

The business count is increasing! I didn't know about the remodeling business, but I did just find a couple more, one verified and one not.  So we have these 4 using that phone number and address:

Web Dezine It (verified)

Wix Website Designers (verified)

Whiner and Diner (verified)

Artsy Wall Decor (verified but showing as permanently closed)

And a couple more using the same address but different phone numbers:

Black Dog Remodeling (verified)

SEO Primo (not verified)

Well that's a boring way that you answer the phone. I was hoping it would be "Web Dezine It, Wix Website Designers, Whiner and Diner, and Artsy Wall Decor. Catherine speaking." :)

Black Dog Remodeling should be fine since it is a different phone number and it is set as a service area business. The rest will need to be sorted out but Web Dezine It is clearly a keeper. Artsy Wall Decor is closed for good, correct?

Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Google 3pack

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom,

I must think of changing the way I answer the phone, I like yours better!:)

Seo Primo has been Web Dezine it for a few years (I actually e-mailed Google to merge the two), Wix Website Designers does not exists anymore (Wix really sucks), Whiner and Diner is doing well, but I guess I can delete its listing (is that what I should do?), and Artsy Wall Decor is closed for business (too hard on my back). Should unverified some listings?

Thank you! Catherine

Google 3pack

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Catherine S

Yes, trying to get by as a Wix Website Designer sounds like a challenge. Are the listings all in the same Google account or are they in different ones?

Google 3pack

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Catherine S

I would contact Google My Business phone support (which I hear may be down currently so you may not be able to today) to see if they can merge some of your listings, particularly the web design related ones. Don't delete your Whiner and Diner listing yet. Let me see if I can determine the best way to deal with that one since it would be nice to avoid it showing as "Permanently closed".

Google 3pack

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

They are all under the same account. Catherine

Google 3pack

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Tom. I will wait to hear back from you and then try to contact Google. Thanks again for your help with this! Catherine

Google 3pack

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hey @TomW and @Catherine S,

Here is the best course of action for all these.

Web Dezine It (verified) - leave it.

Wix Website Designers (verified) - you should contact GMB support to ask them to move this listing to Web Dezine It.

Whiner and Diner (verified) - an online only store is not eligible for a listing on GMB. You should first delete it from your Google My Business dashboard (unverifies it) and then I can permanently remove it from Maps.

Artsy Wall Decor (verified but showing as permanently closed) - not much you can do here but frankly if it shares the same phone # as the web design business you might have issues here. I would never use the same phone # for multiple businesses. It's a disaster with GMB.

Black Dog Remodeling (verified) - definitely make sure your husband uses a different phone # for this. Also if you don't serve customers at your address, you should have the address hidden.

SEO Primo (not verified) - Google should merge this for you.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual