My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Giving another user access to business page sans personal info

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an SEO company (who is doing great) that wants my personal google login info to access my business page.  For Analytics, I was able to allow other users access without giving away my master login info.  Is there a way to do this as well so I can let them run the business page, but not have access to my personal photos, google drive, etc etc?  Seems unsafe to have that info floating around.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris K
December 2015

Re: Giving another user access to business page sans personal info

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
indeed the HC Article seems bit outdated

go to business.google.com/manage and click then for the page in question.the button "MANAGE LOCATION"
Once done click the top left Hamburger menue and now (left side) scroll down to "Managers"
Click it

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Chris,
You can make their Google account a manager of your My Business listing, that way they can help you manage your listing but they cannot delete it.
You should never give access to your Google account, there is no need for that, and frankly, they should know that.
This is the relevant help section on Owners and managers pf My Business listings.
https://support.google.com/business#topic=4539640

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Unfortuantely, the link doesn't provide accurate information, or something is wrong iwth my account. There is no "gear" icon t click on anywhere in order to get to the section where I can change managers. At the bottom of the business page (when I click edit info), I can DELETE the page.. but not change any managers.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris K
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
indeed the HC Article seems bit outdated

go to business.google.com/manage and click then for the page in question.the button "MANAGE LOCATION"
Once done click the top left Hamburger menue and now (left side) scroll down to "Managers"
Click it

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Got it.. finally. I probably should have been able to find it myself, but was going off of the older info. Thanks