My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Getting duplicate listing marker removed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

N.I. DJs - www.nidjs.com 66 Upper Lisburn Road, Belfast BT10 0AD

Hi, I gave my old brand to my business partner, changed the address on it, and have been working on my new one. I removed old attempts to set it up at another address and still am getting the duplicate page message.

Can you please advise how I go about getting that resolved?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Don

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Getting duplicate listing marker removed

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Don,

Sorry just a little confused. Is the old brand Belfast DJs and the new one NI DJs? What was the old address and phone numbers?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply.

Yes old brand was Belfast DJs at 66 upper Lisburn road, 02890289021, the same as I now use for NI DJs.

I have gone in and changed address and phone a couple of times.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Don

Sorry for the delay in replying. I think there's been a bit of confusion with name swaps and address changes.

I have found this Google+ listing for Belfast DJs which uses your address and phone number, although it does go to a different website - which probably explains why your new page is being marked as a duplicate: https://www.google.com/maps?cid=9053116243939287105

Are you still in communication with your business partner? If so, then I recommend asking him to go into this page to change the details to his own contact information (particularly the telephone number!). Once that has been done you should be able to verify your own business page without any problems.

if you are not in communication with him then you'll need to use the 'suggest an edit' feature on the Maps listing to suggest these changes instead.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have tried numerous times to suggest edits etc. to no avail, so have submitted a 'permanently closed - moved elsewhere' on the Belfast DJs entry. I suppose changing the address is not possible.