My Business
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

GOOGLE: Sending us Angry Customers!!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone!

I'm hoping someone can finally give a REAL answer to this problem. I cannot get through to google via telephone. 

We recently updated our menu; recent as in a month ago, and Google is STILL showing our old prices! This has translated into angry customers and lost revenue due to us being forced into honoring the prices GOOGLE IS ADVERTISING. 

Google: West Hill Grill Littleton, CO Menu
West Hill Grill 11614 W Belleview Ave Littleton CO 80127-1534

Updated Prices and Menu: 

http://www.westhillgrill.com/WestHillGrillMenuUpdate.pdf

I feel like it is pretty outrageous that the business owner has no control over the "menu cards" google generates. In my research, the only easy available option is to sign up with SinglePlatform at at $100 a month to correct this problem. 

While we appreciate all Google offers, the fact that they are advertising false information, IN OUR NAME is ludicrous. Furthermore, we will not be held hostage by SinglePlatform for $100 a month in order to prevent sites from inaccurate information. It basically translates to extortion. 

Please, please, PLEASE help us rectify this nightmare! We cannot afford to loose potential good customers over something as stupid as misinformation broadcasting. 

Thanks in advance for the help! 

Dave

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Drew P,

Google does not advertise for you and anyone else. They simply provide a free search engine for use by all. 

With that said, they actually leave everything up to you, the business owners, to provide info and update it via the systems and tools provided. 

With that said, please take a look at this article by David Kutcher, discussing the menus within the Google Knowledge Panel (large info box on right side of SERPs (search engine result pages). Zero in on the orange heading... WHAT THE SCHEMA LOOKS LIKE... which will guide you how to use your website's menu link to feed the Google Knowledge Panel results. 

Your web developer should also review and implement all of this info.

All the Best,

James

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm afraid this doesn't help...yet. You said the schema "will guide you how to use your website's menu link to feed the Google Knowledge Panel results" yet David Kutcher posted that it is "POTENTIALLY" a method of keeping menus up to date, as it has not yet been implemented by Google.. Meanwhile, we are at the mercy of paying singleplatform to not screw up our menus. 

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James, 

I'm sorry if I came off as an a-hole, I certainly do appreciate all the amazing things Google does. My issue, and the issue many of my customers face, is the fact that menu changes do not happen in real time. Google... or whomever...pulls menu information dynamically and randomly....as far as I can tell, there is NO WAY TO CHANGE GOOGLE MENU CARDS.

Yes, we are in the process of updating menu's across the web and doing the schema.org setup, however, until the google menu card "program" "pull's our updated pricing, customers are still seeing the old menu and pricing.

Could you by chance tell me how long the changes take? Until then, we are forced to deal with unhappy customers reading outdated information that shows as the #1 result when "west hill grill menu" is searched.

I greatly appreciate your fast reply, and again, I'm sorry to have sounded like a [censored] :)

Thanks James!

-Dave

Denver Touch Systems

303-578-2767

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Eric,

Yes....I feel like SinglePlatform is setup as an extortion scheme. I've spoken with SP and they seem to offer a great program. However, upon asking detailed information, I found that if you ever want to cancel the $100/month service, all of the search information will revert back to "as it was". Basically, business owners will be held captive at $100/month to not get angry customers.

In my humble and apparently ignorant opinion, I think owners should be able to EASILY change the google menu cards, OR DISABLE THEM; THEN make an educated business decision on whether or not to use SinglePlatform. At this junction, it seems to me that owners are forced into making a frantic decision and pay SP to get the misinformation fixed.

We are turning into a "subscription" society. Everyone wants $100/month for some BS service or another. While SinglePlatform looks like an amazing service, I don't think $100/month is justified.

Dave

Denver Touch Systems

303-578-2767